I Just Know It

I don't have a lot to say today.  My heart is full, but words can't describe how I feel.  Sometimes I feel that words are so ineffective in explaining feelings of the soul.  I think there are great reasons why we are not able to sufficiently explain these feelings.  These feelings are meant to be experienced by all, but they are not experienced in the same way by anyone.  They are deeply personal feelings and experiences.  No one comes by their testimony by how someone else felt or someone else's experience, it must be something that is done on a one by one, personal basis with God.  There is no one size fits all.

I have been exceedingly blessed in my life, but my blessings have been tailor fit to me along with my trials.  They have taught me and made me eternally grateful to God and my Savior.  No one can ever convince me that they don't exist, because I know that they do.  I can't explain how I know, words don't do it justice, but I just know.  They have to exist.  The stories are true, the scriptures are true, Christ lives, He is real and He loves us all individually.

There will always be moments of doubt, but the confirming witnesses far outweigh the doubts, if you but look for them.  It is easy to not believe, it is easy to be cynical or a critic, the guilt appears to disappear, there is enough fleeting happiness to convince you that you might just be right, but it is never the same, it will never feel the same, and deep down we all know it.  Wickedness never was happiness (Alma 41:10).

Luke 24:13–33, The resurrected ChristI am grateful for amazing people in my life who have taught me not only what they believe, but have taught and shown me how to learn for myself.  There has never been and will never be something so great and important in my life as the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It brings hope and peace in times when they seem impossible.

We are commanded to be perfect, but it is not something that is expected from us today.  We are simply asked for progression.  Christ asks us to try a little harder to be a little better than we were yesterday and He makes it possible for us to do so.  I am grateful for my Savior and all of the things that He has done for me, I could never repay Him or thank Him enough.  The Atonement was the single greatest act of service and love in the history of the world.  As the scriptures say, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13).  God truly is love and His plan is beautiful, I am humbly thankful that He allows me to be a part of it.

I don't know who all reads this, but for those who wonder if it is true or for those who simply just don't know if there is a reason for life and all of this around us, I am here to bear my simple witness that it is true, all of it.  God is real, Christ lives, the scriptures are true, and we have a prophet today.  We are not alone.  I can never fully express the love that I have felt from from my Father and my Savior.  Search the scriptures, read the Book of Mormon and ask if its message is not true, I am confident that you will find out that they are true and God is there, He always has been, He simply waits for us to reach out to Him.  The questions of the soul, there are answers for all of them, He just asks us to ask Him and a trust in Him.  Reach out, He is there, I promise.  I cannot express with enough fervor how I feel about it all.  I cannot logically argue with the everyone about it all, but I don't need to, I simply know, I cannot explain it, I just know and am eternally grateful for it, no one can ever take that away from me.

Comments

Popular Posts