"How Great the Importance..."
I loved hearing the messages and hymns of General Conference today. As I listened, I felt a spiritual conviction that led me to reflect upon my mission and the experiences that I had during those two great years. As I pondered on the memories and feelings that I had felt so strongly for two years and that returned today, I remembered a scripture that I read often on my mission and that I came across again this week. In 2 Nephi chapter 2, Jacob discusses the Atonement, in verses 6 through 8 he says:
6 Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth.
7 Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered.
8 Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise.
This scripture was and is still one of my favorites. It explains the desperate need that we all have for the Savior and the ultimate loving sacrifice that he made on our behalf. Out of all the scriptures that talk about the Atonement, the reason that I love these particular verses so much is because of the call to action. "Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth."
There are so many who don't know these things, but we do. We know the Savior and the fullness of the Gospel, therefore it is our responsibility to help those who haven't been so fortunate. They need us and the Savior is counting on us. It is our responsibility, but it should also be a blessing in our lives.
I loved my time as a missionary, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I had to teach the people of Bakersfield, California. I love them so much and can never forget them, part of my heart will always be there. However, I am also so, so grateful that those experiences and feelings don't have to end. I left the mission, but the mission never left me. I hope to continue to learn from and teach those around me. My heart will always be in this work.
Christ lives and this is his work. I'm so grateful that he allows me to be part of it and to share the wonderful news of the Gospel. I'm grateful for a living prophet and apostles who speak for God and lead us today. We need them, I need them, and I am so grateful for their words. Let us forever remember those who don't know and share this great news with them.
6 Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth.
7 Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered.
8 Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise.
This scripture was and is still one of my favorites. It explains the desperate need that we all have for the Savior and the ultimate loving sacrifice that he made on our behalf. Out of all the scriptures that talk about the Atonement, the reason that I love these particular verses so much is because of the call to action. "Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth."
I loved my time as a missionary, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I had to teach the people of Bakersfield, California. I love them so much and can never forget them, part of my heart will always be there. However, I am also so, so grateful that those experiences and feelings don't have to end. I left the mission, but the mission never left me. I hope to continue to learn from and teach those around me. My heart will always be in this work.
Christ lives and this is his work. I'm so grateful that he allows me to be part of it and to share the wonderful news of the Gospel. I'm grateful for a living prophet and apostles who speak for God and lead us today. We need them, I need them, and I am so grateful for their words. Let us forever remember those who don't know and share this great news with them.

Comments
Post a Comment