He Will Ease Your Burdens

I feel like I say this a lot, but this week has been insane.  I've been busy out of my mind buried in ridiculous amounts of homework, projects, and tests.  It's hard to think of anything that I did this week that didn't involve school work and every night has been a late night, but I don't feel like it has been a bad week.  In fact, I feel pretty good about my week.  I have learned so much and I feel extremely blessed.

This week contained probably my hardest midterm and a final project, on top of all of the regular school work.  I knew coming in that it would be hard, but in the past few weeks I have begun to learn and recognize more how I cannot go through life without God's help.  There is simply not enough time in the day and I am not capable of all the things that I need to do, but with Him, I am and I can do it.  So, this week I have tried to focus on Christ and putting God first in my life even though I knew that I had no time to spare.  However, things worked out.

I found that as I prayed for help and made time to do the daily spiritual things, I did receive help and feelings of comfort and peace along the way.  This week I was reading in Mosiah 24.  In this chapter, the people of Alma are in bondage and are heavily persecuted.  The Lord gives them a promise in this chapter and part of that promise is contained in verse 14, which reads, "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions."

My situation pales in comparison to that of Alma's people, but I believe that the principle still applies.  This week was hard and frustrating, but it really should have felt a lot harder than it did.  There was an overwhelming amount of work to do, but as I continued to push forward and do my best, I found an amazing number of tender mercies along the way.  No matter the amount of work that I had to do during my day, I always felt like it would work out.  I never doubted that I would get done what I needed and that if I didn't, it would be all right.  I was blessed with reassurance and incredible feelings of peace.

I know it doesn't always work out this way, but I was able to get everything done.  There were many late nights, but I was able to finish most everything on time.  The things that I didn't finish on time, my professors actually moved the deadlines for me.  As I mentioned before, I know it won't always work out that way, but I do know that as we do our best and seek God's help, it does all work out.  It may not work out according to our plan necessarily, but it does work out according to His much better plan.

Doctrine and Covenants section 84, verse 88 states, "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."  I know that these words are true.  This week I felt my burden lightened, I felt my strength increased, and I felt the influence of angels around me.  Maybe there were those who were unseen, but I'd like to also recognize those that were seen, those that are mortal that are sent as a blessing in my life.

I've bragged about it before, but I'll brag about it again.  I have the most incredible family and friends.  This week I felt the strength and comfort that comes from feeling the love of those who honestly care about me.  I have been so blessed by mortal angels around me, people who are so selfless and caring.  They may not feel like they do much, but some days just knowing that someone cares can make all the difference in the world.  The privilege that I have of knowing these people continues to remind me of my responsibility to do the same, to be an angel for others.  I know that I often fall short, but this week was a great reminder to try and live as Christ did and continually strive to find ways to help and serve those around me.  As for this week, I feel only one thing now, grateful.

Comments

Popular Posts