"He Counseleth in Wisdom"
I wrote about a topic similar to this one a few weeks ago, but I felt like I needed to revisit the topic with a different perspective. This week, the scripture that stood out to me was in Jacob chapter 4, verses 9 and 10 read:
9 For behold, by the power of his word man came upon the face of the earth, which earth was created by the power of his word. Wherefore, if God being able to speak and the world was, and to speak and man was created, O then, why not able to command the earth, or the workmanship of his hands upon the face of it, according to his will and pleasure?
10 Wherefore, brethren, seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works.
Before these verses, Jacob was describing the great things that God can do and the great things that we can do through Christ. I liked these verses because a few weeks ago, I was writing about trusting God, especially during the hard times in our lives. I write now with the perspective of looking back. This week I have reflected a bit on my past experiences and things that happened in my life. I see God's hand so clear now where I struggled to see Him in the moment. There are many things that I understand why they happened and how they benefit me that I struggled to see how they could ever be considered a blessing in my life.
Today was a day where I didn't know how I could possibly get everything done that I needed to do, so I took a leap of faith and went to the temple. I am so grateful for temples and the atmosphere that exists in and around them. I know that logistically, it didn't make any sense for me to go to the temple today of all days. However, as I went in to the temple, I said a little prayer in my heart asking Him to help me get the things done that I needed to get done today. Well, guess what? This blog was the last thing on my list.
As we move forward, let us move forward with faith in Christ and in a loving God who knows what is best for each of us individually. Let us not seek to counsel the Being who knows all, but to seek for His counsel as we make decisions in our lives. I am so grateful for a knowledge of God and for the ability to pray. We have a direct line to the most powerful, the all-powerful Being in the universe. I'm grateful that He cares about me, and all of us, even when we don't trust Him as much as we should sometimes. I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father.


Comments
Post a Comment